Feedback Thoughts

 Silence the Critical Voices in Your Head was the article I related to the most, hearing the author talk about Rajeev felt like looking in the mirror.  She said that echoing negative thoughts increases depression, isolation, and inhibits us from reaching our goals.  I know that all too well because I have fallen too deep into all three of those holes before.  Sometimes it comes to a point where you know exactly what's holding you back from something, but it's fear of rejection or your own shortcomings that keeps you from actually biting the bullet and getting started.  That brings me to another article, Why Rejection Hurts so Much.  All of the things that I just mentioned being afraid of were forms of vulnerability.  I can't speak for everyone but I know that I find it difficult to be vulnerable for fear of an attack on my self-esteem.  This quarantine made me especially aware of just how much negative feedback impacts me everyday.  On a normal day I'd say my self-esteem is sub-par, just because of minor rejections like awkward encounters or rejected plans.  However, quarantine was an opportunity to see how I view myself objectively, purely because there was no one for me to be vulnerable to, I was pure happiness in my little bubble.  However, I think the real winners are the people who can be vulnerable but still maintain a self-esteem made of stone.  I don't know if there's a real key to happiness but I think the way people react to feedback really ought to be part of it.

Feedback Drawing (2017) Source


Comments

Popular Posts