My Favorite Place: Santorini

Santorini has been one of my favorite islands to visit, and I still hope to go back there someday.  I would never consider myself an athletic person, but there is a 10km hike between two coastal towns, Oia and Fira, which has an incredible view for the entire hike.  You are essentially walking from one mountain peak to the next, but you are surrounded by water on both sides so you can see for miles ahead and behind you.  It was a fairly easy trail as well, suitable for people of all ages.  Some of the more difficult miles were paved with stairs and cobblestone, and I felt that the only challenge was the altitude change and distance.

Oia, Blick vom Kastell, Santorini (2012) Source: Wikipedia

Comments

  1. Oh my gosh, this is just beautiful, Sydney! I don't know that anybody has written about Santorini for a favorite places post... and of course it is an AMAZING location in which to imagine mythological stories taking place. Maybe you will want to do a Santorini-inspired project for this class! There is beautiful Cycladic Art (link) and you could learn about Minoan civilization (link), the legends of Atlantis (link)... so many wonderful possibilities in addition to classical Greek mythology!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts