Reading Notes: Homer's Odyssey, Part A

This story was one of those things that you feel like you've already heard but you don't know where you heard it from, and I had no idea it was from the Odyssey!  I'm more familiar with the part of the story that involve the cyclops, but I thought the Circle's Magic was a really interesting portion of the plot that would be fun to rewrite.  It has magic and trickery, and I always really liked the trope where one person has some sort of inkling that something bad is about to happen, and they end up being right but no one listened to them.  I like when storied have elements or plot points that aren't specific to any period or genre, and are actually things that we see and do all the time.  I think it's pretty amusing how repetitive human nature can be.  
In one moment they were turned into swine by Hethe Robinson, Source

Homer's Odyssey: Circle's Magic, translated into English by Tony Kline. (2004).

Comments

Popular Posts