Parasites

 I'm starting to see more and more lights.  Everywhere.  Short, tall, warm, cool, even the ones with gimmicks and adjustable brightness.  Day and night they haunt me in the sidelines, lingering in my peripheral vision.  How long will it take for the godforsaken lights to go away?  They taunt me.  Do you wish to make me doubt myself?  It is futile, I am not so weak.  I am resolute, despite your fruitless efforts to spite me.  They blind my vision and my mind with useless thoughts.  I turn to my LED desk lamp.  "I should have never bought you online."  

Parasites in my peripheral vision.

Author's Note:  I bought a desk lamp about 3 weeks ago and I dedicated a lot of time to finding the perfect one, but now that I've bought it, the ads just won't go away!  I have never been too concerned about technology monitoring my usage to collect data, but all of these ads just serve as a constant reminder.  I wrote this very late at night, probably sleep deprived and eyes hurting from my new LED lamp!  My last microfiction had heavier content, so I made this one a bit more humorous!
Tiffany Lamps - Mark Twain Museum (2007), Source

Comments

Popular Posts