Storybook Plan

The Spirit-Guarded Cave

The Noppera-bō and the Koi Pond

Nüwa Mends the Heavens

I plan to stick pretty closely to the plan laid out in my topic research from last week.  All of these stories are tied because they are the basis of many characters in the Avatar universe, and I want to try and combine the different versions and retell the stories of those characters using the original folktales for inspiration.  I would also like to explore what would happen next in the famous myths, and potentially change the path of the mythological figures who supposedly have a doomed fate.  All of these stories involve a human interacting with a greater being or spiritual creature, but all of these stories are told in 3rd person or from the POV of the human.  I think it would be interesting to tell the story from the POV of the mythological creatures, who are widely misinterpreted in these tales.  I think one of my goals is to make the creatures more understandable.  Most of these stories are one-sided and villainize nature when told by humans, when in fact we are the ones usually interfering with the natural state of the world.  
Forest Illustration, Source

Comments

Popular Posts