Week 4 Lab

 I've found that I really enjoy reading and writing microfictions, so I definitely plan to experiment more with them this semester.  I thought it was amazing how the microfictions in the "Hint Fiction" article could be so short yet so powerful.  I think in the coming weeks I want to practice these more, because I have a tendency to add details to my writing when it is sometimes the simpler message that gets across to the audience the best.  Reading microfictions has also made me realize that I don't need to fully understand the scene being depicted the relate to the feeling the author is trying to emanate.  Such short stories almost require the author to leave out all the details, and I've come to appreciate what is written rather than the "holes" or parts that I may not understand at first glace.  I'm also not one to write anything with suspense or thrillers, but the nature of microficitons fits perfectly with the ominous nature of those stories.  It's the perfect opportunity to leave the reader with an eerie, parting line!

Pages Photography (2016), Source


Comments

Popular Posts